Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful Number One

So, in an effort to focus on gratitude this month I decided I need to post moments from my day that I am grateful for. It is easy to fall into a routine and forget that even though my day may seem slightly insignificant at the time, it is all these moments that I have while being at home with my kids that are so important. That even in between the loads of laundry, the continual pick up of toys and lately the wiping of snotty noses that being at home with my kids is the greatest blessing of all.

Today I was thankful for this moment:

My Gracie Girl!



Lately, she really has pushed my patience level and I have struggled with parenting her. But then I have moments like today where she actually let me put her in this adorable hat from her auntie and got her to smile a little. She really is a mommy's girl and I just need to realize that all she really wants is my love and attention all the time. The hard part for her is sharing me among her brothers. She is a sweetheart and I love her cute little laugh and how she loves playing with her brothers. She likes to be mommy's helper and is very independant when it comes to many things. She has struggled with going to sleep lately and I hope I can find a remedy for this problem. I love when she is all smiles and her happy, energetic self.




I love you Gracie Ann! Thank you for teaching me so much today. I hope to be a better mommy for you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Dave and Brianne said...

So cute! I love it! She looks so grown up!

Whitney said...

I completely understand about how she tests your patience. I have been going through the same thing with our little Josie. She is so independent and determined, I don't know what to do half the time - and I get so frustrated. It seems like when all is quiet and when the kids are in bed that I am able to reflect back on the day, and always wish I had done better. It's at that time I realize how sweet and pure those little spirits are - I could go on and on - but know that you're not alone! It sounds like Grace is quite similar to my Josie :) (I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it's just the age:) ) Grace is such a beautiful little girl, and that hat is adorable!

Ju said...

LOVE the hat! Very cute. Patience comes and goes with parenting... if you figure out how to make it stick let me know! ;o)