Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Weekend with Jake


I thought it would just be easier if he ate his ice
cream in the bath.


My students were so excited to meet Jake.



This sucker was his treat for being so good
while we were running errands.

So cute...he fit right in with my class!

This last weekend we had our good friends Rick and Sarah's three year old boy Jake with us. Rick and Sarah left for Pittsburgh to go house hunting last Thursday night. They will be moving to Pittsburgh when the boys graduate in June. We will miss them lots and especially because we just love Jake. Kevin got to watch him on Friday while I was teaching, but they came and had lunch with me. He dazzled the girls I have lunch with saying, "he was just so cute". He really is just so cute and we had a great weekend playing everything from blocks to Thomas the Tank Engine. Kev was great at playing games with him to make sure he ate his meals. And of course we spoiled him with lots of treats. He also loved his baths, they progressively got better as we added more bubbles and more toys. Bedtime was always fun as there always seemed to be "monsters attacking" at 3am. He soon just slept with us and we learned quickly that he likes his space. By Sunday night Jake just slept with me and Kevin took his bed in the office. Church was also exciting as he was let out of Sunbeams before we were done so he went running through the chapel looking for us, he was so sad when he didn't see us right away. Jake is hilarious and came in while I was getting ready one day smiling and saying, "Kevin is silly!" "I put him in time-out." I laughed and said I am sure he deserved it. Anyway, Jake is a ball of energy and definately wore us out, but we loved it. Thank you Rick and Sarah for trusting us with your son and we will miss you when you leave.

8 comments:

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ju said...

You are so great to watch a three year old!! :o) I bet he just had a blast! You are so smart to have him eat ice cream in the bath tub, that is the safest way for it to be eaten! :o) You guys are amazing!

Kylene said...

I'm loving the ice cream in the tub pic too! Very smart. :)

Whitney said...

I see little Jacob every Sunday in primary and he's sure a cute little guy! I'm sure you guys had a blast with him! He's a ball of energy! You guys are so great. I'll give you a call soon and we can make some plans!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Ice cream in the tub... why did I never think of that? Sounds like he had a weekend he will never forget!

Rich and Andrea said...

Hey- I've got a three yearold I'd love to leave with you for a weekend. Come to think of it, can the 6,8,11 and 13 year olds come too? You know they love you. Can you believe I've got a teenager? Weird. I saw Julie at Annie's baby shower the othe night and was freaking out, because she now has 3 kids- she babysat for me right after I had Allie! Of course, I think you babysat for me when I just had Kenny and Susie. Miss you- love that this is a great way to keep in touch.
Megan (On my friend Andrea's computer)- but I have a blog now- cleggle/blogspot.com- come see me

mary.katherine said...

Kev and Steph-
This is Katie, Rick's little sister. I ran across your blog from Rick and Sarah's. Thanks again for watching Jakie. I am not prejudiced or anything, but he really is the cutest little boy in the world!! He still talks about you guys and his weekend. I know he loved it!!