
I am now officially 25! I have had some trouble dealing with the thought of turning 25, for some reason this age seems daunting to me. I know...I know...25 so young! But is it really? To some yes, very young but for me, no it is older. From turning 18-24 it still seemed okay to be those ages, they sound young. However, now that I am in my mid-twenties ages 25-30 seem to sound older. I think it has something to do with now I feel like I have to be just an adult. Yeah, I know I will always be a kid at heart, but now that I am 25 I have to act more adult like. I told this to my students and they all agreed with me that 25 is old. Of course anyone over 16 is old to them but not the point. The point is I was complaining about this 25th birthday and my sweet friend Lisa at school said that I need to have a birthday season! See a birthday season starts on the first day of the month and goes all the way through to your birthday. Now you celebrate all month long instead of just on your day. So before spring break Lisa gave me my birthday season. She had two bags full of 13 wrapped gifts. Each was numbered and I have been opening one each day. She said I needed to embrace my age with celebrating my birthday season. And I have to say it worked quite well, I enjoyed opening a little gift each day. Therefore, now that it is my birthday and my birthday season comes to a end I am happy to say...I think I will be turning 25 again next year. :)
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Birthday Season Ends...
Posted by Stephanie at 3:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Steph! I hope you had a great one. I love the birthday season idea! We'll have to try that one next year.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I had a hard time turning 26, it just sounded so old... but it's been a month, and now 27 sounds old... ha. I think it's hilarious that you polled your class and they agreed that 25 was old... lol. Funny. I hope you had a great birthday! Let us know when 25 doesn't sounds as old as it does now :o)
Happy Birthday! Sweetie, you look amazing for your age. :) I got married early and had kids early, and I was so glad when I turned 25. I felt like I finally sounded as old as I felt! What is it about 25?
Hope you had a Happy Birthday season!
As a person who is older then you, I could tell you it's no big deal for the rest of your birthdays but....I would be lying! Wait until 29! It sucks because you know that you'll be 30 next year!!!!!!! (Sorry. I think I need a birthday year to prepare me for this one.)
Happy Birthday you beautiful girl! 25 is NOT old!! I turned 28 last week and have decided to just embrace each year as they come. I like your birthday season idea! :)
Happy Late birthday Steph. Hope you had a fun one. 25--it's not that bad.
-Jessica Tinsley (former Wooten)
Happy Belated Birthday Steph...if turning 25 means eating a cake that looks that delicious than I would say, "Bring it on!"
Post a Comment