I can't believe I didn't post anything in September. Now I am so behind. I need to get what we did in September written down so I won't forget.
September has come to be one of my favorite months. It is usually one of the most beautiful months for the pacific northwest too. We had a very busy, full month. The sad part about it all is that my camera broke at the beginning of the month. So I don't have any of my own pictures to show. But like I said I need to get some of the journaling done before I forget it all.
For Labor day weekend we were so lucky to have our friends Rick and Sarah Shumway visit us with their two boys. Kevin and Rick met in graduate school and have remained good friends since. We loved doing things with Rick and Sarah when they were living here, and we have missed them since they moved. It was great to have them come visit. They did the drive from Utah straight through in 1 day. I was impressed. We went up to the Edmonds Farmers Market and I think it is the best little market I have been too. It is such a cute, charming town. I want to go back next year. Kevin got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, the twins got balloon animals and we tasted some yummy kettle corn. Then we had lunch and went to the beach/park nearby. I loved it. The weather was great and the beach wasn't crowded, their were lots shells, and the kids got to run and play. We then took the ferry to Poulsbo where we did some more walking and shopping, and ate some goodies from their Norwegian bakery. We went and sat on the grass along the water and the kids ran some more. What a day! We then had dinner in the harbor at Anthonys. The views were great.
The next day was Seattle, up to Ballard to see the Locks and more fish to eat. Another great day, Kev smoked us some delicious ribs for dinner and then we went into the harbor and walked around downtown. The following morning the Shumways headed back to Utah and did their drive all day again. A short, quick visit but we had so much fun! It was great to catch up and see how much thier boys have grown and go explore Seattle with them again. Thanks Shumways for coming! Sarah please email me some pictures from our weekend!
The next weekend we went to Portland and it was HOT! It was in the ninetys the entire weekend. We had such a great time seeing my dad and sister. The kids love their Grandpa and their auntie! In their prayers the whole time they blessed "Bumpa" and "Auntie", it so cute when they pray. We went to the Oregon Zoo, which was awesome. I haven't been there in like 8 years, and it has more animals then our zoo at home. We loved the bears, elephants, zebras, and rainforest animals the best. The twins got to run around the whole time and they had a blast. Daddy got them new bath toys from the gift shop and they have enjoyed them lots since we have been home. After the Zoo we went to the Duck store and I oohhed and ahhed at all the green and yellow things that I wanted. We also went to the famous VooDoo Donuts and tried a variety of their very popular pastries. My personal favorites were the ones Kev got for the kids, the ones with chocolate and m&m's.
We also went to the beach with my dad. It was absolutely beautiful! It was warm at the Oregon Coast! That is amazing. We stopped at Camp18 for breakfast on our way, they have the best hot chocolate. Then we went to Seaside, their was a car show going on, so it was busy. But the beach wasn't too crowded. We went and had a little picnic and the kids played in the sand. Gracie loves the water, she had a great time getting wet with Daddy. Zac did awesome and Ty loved to chase the seagulls away. I just need my dad to find his camera so he can send me some pictures from our day. After the beach we went to the outlet mall and did some "back to school" shopping. I tell Kevin I want to go down to Portland and do some back to school shopping and his reply is "Ok, but nobody in this house is going back to school." After shopping we went on a wild goose chase to find some good fish and chips, my dad's gps on his phone led us to some back woods road on the outskirts of Astoria. We decided to turn around and head back to Portland to get dinner, we ended up at Red Lobster, where yes my dad and I had fish and chips.
Kevin headed back home on Sunday and I stayed for a couple more days to get more time with my sister. I got my hair done, which always makes me feel like a new woman. And I got to meet up with my dear friend Alexis and had a great time catching up with her. The kids loved seeing her too. And then I did some more "back to school" shopping. I love it because I feel like I am saving so much on the no sales tax.
No sales tax, gas attendants that pump your gas and the DUCKS, three reasons I LOVE Portland! Well then their is my family, friends, smaller, cleaner city, weather is slightly better and that is why I tell Kev I will move to Portland in a heartbeat.
Ok, so that is only half the month. And I am too tired to journal more.
This picture has nothing to do with what I blogged about, but it is the last picture I took before my camera broke. Love this little guy to pieces!
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Time for an update...
Posted by Stephanie at 10:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










0 comments:
Post a Comment