Friday, March 6, 2009

We made it!

Just a quick update. We are at 36 weeks!

When we first found out we were having twins, I just hoped and prayed we would make it this far. We feel so grateful and are so blessed to have them still in the womb. I know we have strong little ones.

As of our ultrasound yesterday, their little bums hadn't turned and are breech. This is really no surprise as I feel their little feet kicking me low all the time. Our c-section is scheduled for March 19th. So unless they decide to choose their own birthday, then 13 more days and we will get to meet them. :)

So go ahead and make your guesses now, will they hold on till the 19th or will it be another day?

Yes, I have contractions all the time. They seem to be worse at night. My doctor says when they get to be 5 min. apart then we can go in.

I would love for our little girl to gain a little bit more weight, so as long as I find some way to get some sleep in the next two weeks then I know I can go to the 19th.

Thank you for all your sweet thoughts and prayers. We are so excited to introduce you to the other half of our family.

Sorry no pictures. The energy to do a quick update was all I had at the moment :)

11 comments:

Whitney said...

YAY!! What GREAT news! We are so excited for all of you and can't wait to meet the other half soon. As for my prediction - I'll say the 18th - just so they can say they had their own mind in the matter :) We'll keep you all in our prayers and hope you can get some good rest. Good luck with everything! We love you guys!

Ju said...

Yay, that is so great!!!
I say the 16th... it's just such a great day :o)
Hope everything goes smoothly for you!! Love you!

Janice said...

Fabulous. Now as for the day, I think the 14th would be the best day of all. It's a better day than Julie's guess any day of the week. Congrat on making it this far. When we look at you picture all we think of is Jon & Kate plus 8.

Donnie and Christina said...

Yeah! How exciting! I hope the C-section goes smoothly and everything goes has plan. I am sure they will. I can't wait to meet them! For good luck I will guess the C-section date! LOL I will stop by soon to visit you, will call ahead of time and bring some yummy non chocolate treats!

laura_beez said...

Steph, I see those beautiful picts, and I can't imagine where you are going to put any more babies! I'm so glad you've made it this far! I hope you make your date (I always went into labor the night before I was was to be induced)! I'll be watching for the big news! GOOD LUCK!

{Alynn} said...

Sorry, that was really me! More luck!

Jandi said...

I am so excited! I can't believe it's so close now! Oh, I can't wait! We are so happy for you guys! I am going to guess they will be St. Patricks Day babies! :) So, my guess is for the 17th. That would be fun, don't you think? They'll bring lots of lucky things with them! We'll be waiting for the news! :)

Sarah said...

Wahoo! Let's hope you keep those kids cooking for as long as possible! Let's also hope that those lively ones inside of you will stop tap dancing long enough to let you get some rest. (Through personal experience, avoid such things as orange juice - that always made my kids go nuts inside my belly!) It's sooooo close, we are so excited for you!

heather said...

so excited for you guys! glad things are going well...i think any time between now and the 19th works! although i'll put my vote in with ju - the 16th!! ;)
cant wait to see your babies!!
love you!

Jeremy and Immer said...

I've thinking about you everyday and I'm so happy to hear that you made it to the 36th week. I think at this point they can come any time but if they can make it to the 19th even better. You are in our prayers and I'm positive that everything will be okay with you and the babies. I'm making something for them so I better hurry up and finish it soon!

Annie said...

I can't wait to hear the fantastic news! You are in my thoughts and prayers, Steph! Love you!