Saturday, February 14, 2009

Twins Update at 33 weeks!




Yea, we have made it to 33 weeks! Our next goal number is 36 weeks and then it is icing on the cake after that. We can do it little ones!
Our little ones are both growing well, our son still being on the big side and our daughter on the small side. They are actually considered discordinate because of their size difference. As a result we go to the hospital twice a week for "non stress tests". This is where they hook me up to the fetal monitor and watch how the babies hearts are reacting and their movement. It isn't stressful for the babies, a little stressful for their mommy if they aren't reaciting right away. But so far so good, we have passed each time. The novelty of this event is certianly wearing off as our hospital isn't that close. But we want to make sure they are still thriving.
As of Thursday, both babies were breech and the likelihood of them turning statistically isn't great. Therefore, we are planning a C-section for mid March. So they have a few weeks to beat the odds and turn their little bums around.
Kevin and I are both thrilled and excited as the anticipation of meeting our twins is growing nearer. We are just so thankful for all the love and support of our friends and family.
Have a Happy Valentines Day!

20 comments:

Lefty said...

How is it possible that such a little woman like you is carrying twins and not falling over! You look beautiful and happy and healthy. I am so excited for you. Kevin and you are going to be great parents and an excellent team. (Teamwork is so important in parenting, and probably more so with twins!)
We love you both and are so happy for you.

Bec Davis said...

Hey Steph,
You look awesome. Just looks like you have 2 basketballs under your shirt:) Both Brad and I are so glad that and the twins are doing well. (Of course we are happy that Kevin is well too:)
Good luck with the next couple of weeks. We are so happy for you guys.
Love Bec and Brad

Shumway's said...

Oh my goodness!! You are so ready to pop but you look amazing. Happy looks really good on you steph. I wish I had 2 babies to blame my size on! We found out that our little one will be a boy and I am super excited for him (Richard J. Shumway -AKA little Rickie) to come. Any idea of your names for them? I am so glad that things are going so well and we love you both! Let us know when they arrive!

Donnie and Christina said...

Your the cutest prego women ever! Congrats on making your first goal date and I pray you will make the next (I am sure you will!) We love you both!

Julianne said...

You are so tiny for carrying those two little ones. You look great. We are praying that both little one's do wonderfully and you make it to 36 weeks. You are all baby!

Janice said...

You look fabulously healthy. I am so glad you have made it this far and know you will reach the goal. You've always had a way of setting goals and getting there. I can hardly wait for the news of their birth and their names. Get as much rest as you can over the next few weeks. Love you

Whitney said...

You really look amazing, Steph! We are relieved to hear the twins - and you- are doing so well. You all have been in our prayers, and we'll keep praying for 36 weeks. Take it easy and get lots of rest. Love you guys!

The Hegsted Family said...

Steph, you look absolutely beautiful! We are so excited for you guys and for those sweet babies that are soon to arrive. Thanks for the update. The pictures are great and I know you guys and the twins will always cherish them.

Anonymous said...

Steph, I found your blog from Jandi's and have been checking in every now and then to see your progress. You look awesome! Good luck with the soon to be big day! You'll do great!

Ju said...

Steph you look so great!!! I still can't believe you are having twins, and I can't believe how lucky those two little ones are. I'm glad to hear you and the twins are doing so well. I had to deal with going in for non-stress tests with Tate... not so fun just sitting there all strapped up. I'll pray that your babies will flip around and get in the right position... they just need to have a few wrestling matches before D-day. :o) Love you Steph!!!

Ju said...

I bet you don't look pregnant at all from behind... :o)

Justesen's said...

Steph, I cannot believe how close it is getting, my goodness you must be miserable,I cannot imagine what it must be like to have two kicking at the same time. I hope that you are getting plenty of rest. I am sure that Kevin is taking good care of you. Good luck in the final stretch.

McKenzie said...

We are so glad that all is going well! You look great and we are so excited for you!

Jandi said...

You are so adorable! I am so excited for you! The twins are doing awesome it sounds like! They have such great parents taking good care of them already! :) Kenny and I really want to come visit, but we don't want to be a burden. I know this is a crazy busy time and it doesn't get less busy once the babies come. So let us know when you feel up for visitors. We love you guys! You really looks amazing! love you!

Jeremy and Immer said...

Wow, it's amazing how your skin has been stretched. I'm so excited to meet those precious babies :o)

Sarah said...

Hooray for you and your two little ones! Are you still working? I hope not, I hope you are sleeping and buying lots of cute baby clothes instead! You are still gorgeous as ever, motherhood looks good on you. Kevin has got a great wife, and you didn't do too badly yourself!

Bryan and Elisha said...

You look great Steph! We're so glad that the babies are doing well. We can't wait to meet them! We love you guys!
-Elisha and Bryan

Annie said...

Hey Beautiful Mommy! I am excited for the fabulous news! You look absolutely fantastic and I'm so happy to hear that the babies are doing well. They are so lucky and will be so loved. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kev!

Luke said...

Steph-I agree with Lefty-I'm not sure how you are keeping that all balanced out. Kev have you painted her toe nails for her yet:) You're always in our thoughts and prayes. We look forward to seeing pictures of you and those new babies in a few weeks.
Much Love,
Luke and Jill

Melia said...

I had a dream about you last night. We came to visit you in this extravigant (sp) house, but instead of having a nursery you had 2 gyms. And you wanted to run a marathon, you turned and asked if you could do that... As like 3 of us yelled NO. hahaha Isn't it funny the things you dream. Hope all is still well. And (i know this is the wrong thing to say to a pregnant mom but it is true.) I hope they stay in there as long as possible. Love you