


Oh, how I love Valentines Day! The reason being because I have the most wonderful valentine! Kevin is so good at spoiling me....(even though he really shouldn't). From the beginning Kev has always "outdone" himself on certain occasions. I really don't think he can help it because he so thoughtful and has such a creative mind (full of "pizzazz" as I would say to my students). My day began as I made heart shaped waffles for my valentine and served them to him in bed. (This is basically the extent of my valentine thoughtfulness.) Kevin, however, got out of bed and made me my lunch for day (this isn't really unusual) and then he sent me off to school. When I opened the door to my car I was surprised to see kisses all over my seat, a beautiful rose, an "I love you" balloon and a sweetly written note on the steering wheel. What a great way to start my day! Then smiling all the way down to my classroom, I opened my door to the most spectacular scene! All over my floor were chocolate kisses, as well as my students desks, tied to each of my students chair was a balloon! But the best part was my desk! Not only were there kisses, rose petals and balloons covering it but the most beautiful bouquet of roses with a card in front of it entitled: "My sweetheart". My eyes filled with tears and I stood there in awe....this was a sweet moment. Of course my class was estatic and so cautious not to step on any of the chocolate kisses. Most of the staff I work with trickled in throughout the day to see the thoughtfulness of my husband. My favorite was when my friend Kathy came in and said "I am not sure if the message is clear....does he love you?". Needless to say it was a perfect day with my class. The fun didn't stop there though. After school as I got into my car once again there was another note saying something about "our song". I turned on the car and sure enough blaring from the cd player was "our song" from when we were dating. At this point I was like okay I gotta do something more than waffles! Kev has a late class on Thursdays, so I wasn't in a hurry to get home, but when I did more surprises were awaiting me. I opened the door and my favorite dove chocolates created two trails. One trail led to our coffee table where there were a tower of gifts surrounded by rose petals. The other trail led to our bedroom where....well anyway. So of course I was so excited again. Soon after, Kev came home and I said, "I don't have anything for you! " and he said, "You're not suppose to get me anything...Valentines Day is for you!" I know...I know like I said "My Perfect Valentine"! I love him to pieces.











6 comments:
okay... that is the sweetest thing I have ever heard!!! What a wonderful valentines day!! Don't tell Jon I said this, but he needs to take some lessons from Kevin :o)
Wow! That's an amazing Valentine's Day present! We're excited about your new blog!
-Elisha
So cute! Good to know there is a lovey, dovey, mushy side to Mr. Kev! You deserve it. :)
Yea! We love you guys! What a wonderful little family you are!
Love,
Mom and Dad Jenkins
I'm so excited you started a blog! And Kevin...my goodness! You always find a way to out do yourself! I'm glad you had such a wonderful Valentine's day. Those kids are so lucky to have you as their teacher, Steph!
Um, WOW!!! Two thumbs up Kevin! (I'd give you more if I had any more!) I saw you'd been on my blog and came to visit yours... so cute!
Post a Comment