Monday, February 25, 2008

A Day Away!

We sat on the beach and the boys skipped rocks.

It was just so beautiful.




A week ago was my little mid-winter weekend break. If you know me well, then you know my favorite thing to do is sleeping in. So when Kevin asked me if I wanted to go to the San Juan Islands with our friends Rick and Sarah and their son Jake, I knew that would involve us getting up early. However, I really wanted to go and we were going on Monday so I still had Tuesday to sleep in. Just as I thought, the alarm went off at 4:50 am and we hit the road. We met Rick and Sarah in Lynnwood and headed up to Anacortes to catch the 7:45 ferry. I slept most the way, but was awake once we boarded the ferry. It was the most beautiful day! The weather couldn't have been more perfect. We had a nice breakfast in Friday Harbor and then went around the island. We stopped to enjoy the water, take a little hike to Dead Man's Cove, and gaze at the lighthouse. Later in the afternoon we ate lunch on the port and then headed back to Friday Harbor. It was a simply delightful day and it was definately worth getting up early for.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

How fun! It looks like it was beautiful! Ben and I haven't been over there yet...it looks like we have a little day trip to plan!

Jill Manning said...

Yeah I found your blog...I love it! You two are certainly a very cute and happy couple!!!! I love the pictures of WA, it has to be one of my most favorite states. Ty is from WA but will never live there again...too much rain...I say get an umbrella, its a beautiful state!

lukeandjillfamily said...

I had fun looking through your blog today, it looks like you guys are always having fun!! Washington looks like a beautiful place. We can't wait to come visit. We'll be moving to Boise in 2 weeks and then we'll make plans. Enjoy those cute kids Steph, I can tell they love their teacher to.

Ju said...

so beautiful! We, along with our kids, are dying to take a trip like that!! Hope you enjoyed your sleeping in on Tuesday :o)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog makeover! Your trip looks like fun... we haven't been to the beach in awhile, and I'm inspired!

steven said...

That looks fun! Seattle is so beautiful. I'm excited for Kevin's graduation, because I will be able to see the beauty of Seattle again.