Thursday, February 23, 2012

Zac turns 1!

My baby boy turned 1 on the 5th. He was our little super bowl baby this year since his birthday fell on super bowl Sunday. My dad and his girlfriend Lisa came up from Portland to celebrate with us.

On Saturday we did Zac's first birthday dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe. This is where we went for the twins first birthday too.

I don't know why we keep thinking this is a fun place to take our kids. We always sit by the elephants and they always seem to get scared!


People say these two look alike, I honestly don't see it...well maybe the smile.


Gracie girl and her Grandpa. She loves him lots and lots!


The birthday boy! Seemed completely satisfied eating his spoon.


Despite being a little scared when the thunder lightening came, we all had a good time. And the food wasn't too bad either.


Grandpa made Zac a yummy cookie cake which we enjoyed eating after dinner.


He really got into it and loved it.


Hehe...I love this picture. He really is saying thanks for the cool hat Auntie. He had it on his head but he pulled it off. My sister is the best Auntie we could ever ask for. She loves our kids and is so thoughtful with each of them. She always makes them feel special on their birthdays and gives them the best gifts. Zac recieved two hats, multiple cute outfits to be worn in the summer, a vtech kitty toy that he loves to chase (as does Gracie) and a stuffed dinosaur. Thank you!


Grandpa and Lisa gave Zac this really nice church outfit which is just adorable on him. Along with two other outfits and a fun drum toy. I was very impressed with their choice of clothes for Zac. Thank you!


I mean really how cute is he? He hates my flash and always closes his eyes when I take a picture.


Happy Birthday handsome boy! We love you so!


Zac also received money from Grandma and Grandpa F. which will buy him his new carseat cover for his forward facing carseat that he so desperately wanted. :) A giftcard from Grandma and Grandpa Jenkins. A magnet farm set that he loves playing with from our friends the Musgraves. And lots of cards from other family, Thank you!

The Cake! So Zac got his own personal cake for turning 1. This was all his!

We had our friends Bill and Brittany Musgrave over along with their 4 kids to eat cake and ice cream with us. It was fun eating super bowl food, watching a little football, and celebrating Zac's birthday together. I am so thankful for good friends.
We started the tradition of having seseme chicken wings and fried rice for Zac's birthday dinner. This comes from my siblings who always had to have this on thier birthday. It turned out great though.



He wasn't sure what to think at first.


But he soon learned what it was all about.


And eventually started to really enjoy it.


He had a handprint on his head. He was covered with cake.


I am not sure how much he actually ate, but we know he likes chocolate.

Such a fun first birthday for the sweetest one year old I know. Zac is my angel baby all the way. I know I have said this several times but he is so wonderful. I always thought maybe it just felt so nice because one baby is so much easier than two but I really just think its Zac. He is amazing. We feel so blessed to have him in our family. Kev calls him "blessing" on a regular basis. His smiles and laughs melt my heart everyday. I am a sucker when I hear him cry.

At his one year check up my pediatrician made the comment that he isn't good birth control for us. I just looked at her and she said, most third babies are difficult and make the parents quit having kids. She then said, but not Zac you'll want more with how good he is. I thought that was funny.

Oh Zac! Zac attack, ZZ, Zacee! Thanks for coming to our family, you are an answer to our prayers. We couldn't love you more!

6 comments:

Ju said...

Can't believe that lil cutie is already ONE! He really is just a cute little guy! What a fun first birthday!

Kylene said...

I just love him! What a cute little guy. That cake smash was awesome! He did a great job on that one. Such a lovely family you have. We miss you!

Amy Jenkins said...

How fun! What a great birthday! He is so sweet! Zac is one of the few names Joshua says. :)

Jandi said...

Zac is so handsome. Even as a little babe, he's just handsome. Watch out ladies!! :) Happy Birthday to him!! I love that he loved his cake so much!!

The Searles said...

Happy Birthday Zac! That was the sweetest post and kind of made me cry a little:) He is a little miracle baby and so so sweet! Miss you guys

Whitney said...

What an adorable little guy! That year just FLEW by! He is sure blessed to be part of such an amazing family. Miss you guys!