Friday, January 20, 2012

8 Years

Kev and I celebrated our eighth anniversary on December 27th. Eight years seems like a long time, I feel a tad old. It only feels old because we are close to 10 years and I always thought people who celebrate their 10th anniversary were old. We went out to dinner at this delicious restaurant called Stanley and Seaforts. And our waitress was shocked when we said we were celebrating 8 years. Glad I still come across as young. :)

It was a lovely evening without the children! Kevin's parents were still in town and were so sweet to watch all three kids while we went out to dinner. All three kids were sick too, so I really appreciate them doing that for us. We don't ever get date nights like we should so it was just fun to be out together. Amongst all the chaos of our life I sometimes forget how important it is to still date each other.

But I still love this guy to pieces.


It wasn't my favorite married year by any means, I know that sounds harsh but it is the truth. We just don't get to spend any time with one another. So I miss him. He is a busy man. He has a demanding job, he teaches early morning seminary and he comes home to three little kids who want to play with him non-stop. By the time they are in bed, seminary lesson is prepared all the other stuff is done, we are just exhausted.

However, he does this all very well and never complains. And I am so grateful for how hard he works and the job he has. And I know that he is suppose to be teaching seminary, he is great with the youth and they love him. And my favorite thing of all is watching him with our children, whether it be rocking Zac right after he had his surgery, wrestling with Ty or reading with Gracie. He is the best daddy to them.

So really I just feel blessed. As hard of year it was, I am so grateful to have such an amazing husband to share it all with.

Happy Anniversary Kev! I love you!

2 comments:

Ju said...

Congrats you guys!!! You do still look young and I can't believe it's been eight years... Ya old farts. ;)

Whitney said...

It's crazy how fast time flies! It really doesn't seem that long ago that we were all going wedding dress shopping with you :) Happy Anniversary to two of the most amazing people I know. Love you both!!