It has been quite the week! I have lots to blog about, but first things first. Today was the last day of school! I love that summer is here, but so sad to see my 5th graders go. It is hard once you have the same kids over and over...you get attached at least I do. We had such a fun week though. We had a "Pirates" party because we were the Pittsburgh Pirates this year for our school reading program. Play day was the best...I am a bit competative as is my class and we kicked butt at tug o' war, which is my personal favorite. Our 5th grade celebration was on Thursday and that is where we graduate our 5th graders onto middle school. I have just loved my 9 5th graders. They all hold a special place in my heart. I will miss them dearly. It has been a delight working with such great kids. I also love my 3rd and 4th graders, but I will see them in the fall. It is always a surreal day on the last day of school, because it always feels like it was just the first day!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 comments:
You are so cute Steph!! I've said it a ton, but your class is so lucky to have you!! End of school year is always bittersweet!
These kids are so lucky to have such an awesome teacher! I'm thinking I'm going to have to switch Elizabeth's school in a couple of years!
Post a Comment