So for those of you who know Kevin and I well, you know we are big sports fans. Football, Basketball, Baseball...we love it all. I never use to love watching baseball on TV but even now I enjoy it from time to time. (or whenever the Mariners are winning which is a rarity!) What I do love is going to baseball games. I remember spending many nights and weekends as a child watching and cheering for my brothers at their baseball games. It never gets old to me. This last weekend I decided it was time for me to go see some of my students games. I have had their schedules for the last month, but I kept telling them I would come when the sun came out. Since the sun finally decided to come out I thought I should make good on my promise to them. It was so fun to see them play. Two of my boys that play on the same team have had an undefeated season...that is until the game I watched them play. I was worried they wouldn't want me to come to another game. But I did and they redeemed themselves. Along with this, one of my student's gave me four Mariners tickets for teacher appreciation week. Kevin enjoyed this gift more than any other gift I've gotten from a student. He invited his buddies Josh and Rick to go with us. We had a great time, it was hot, I almost got hit by a foul ball, we ate lots of yummy snacks and the Mariners actually won! Theres nothing like watching a good game on a nice day.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
I too love watching Baseball!! No one else gets it! I would rather play than watch, but it is still a lot of fun to watch. I am glad you guys like it too :o)
Sooo Fun! I love GOING to games, but I'm not a huge fan of watching baseball on TV. It sounds like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment