Thursday, July 15, 2010

California Trip Day 2 and 3

On Thursday we went with our friends Rick and Sarah to Laguna Beach. This was the first time the twins really got to play in the sand. Laguna is just beautiful and it wasn't even too crowded. We got food and had a nice little picnic on the beach. The boys went swimming in the ocean, Sarah took some great pictures, Ty wanted to go in the water with Daddy and Gracie girl was content sitting on her beach towel playing with the sand toys. I was extremely happy that neither one had a desire to eat the sand. It was such a great day. After we got back my brothers took us out to dinner at a place called Islands. A great end to a beach day.




On Friday, we headed south down to the San Diego Zoo! This zoo is massive! When we pulled up we could not find a parking spot in the parking lot anywhere. We were a little nervous as to what this meant for the crowds inside the zoo. However, the zoo is so huge I never felt like it was crowded. We saw all the great animals and Ty and Gracie enjoyed all the sights. My personal favorites were the giraffes, rhinos and elephants. I was impressed by how much room there was for each animal. There were so many elephants to see but they had tons of room to roam. We took the skycab across one side of the park and went to the petting zoo. Ty and Gracie loved running around all the goats and I even got Ty to feed one. Another awesome day!



After the zoo we drove to my aunt and uncle's house in Murietta. My cousin Meganne had just graduated from high school so we got to go to her grad party. It was so much fun to see all the family including Keni!

3 comments:

Ju said...

Sounds like such a blast. Love vacations!! And I love your header picture. So cute!

Jandi said...

Steph, first off, you look darn gorgeous!!! Second, I love the San Diego zoo and zoos in general! Go Zoos! And third, the twinners are so so cute. They are both such a good mix of both you and Kev, but in different ways. I loved seeing all the pics! Keep 'em comin!

Jeremy and Immer said...

The kids are growing fast and every time I look at your blog they look cuter and cuter. What a great vacation you had.