Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Birthday Box

So, everyone wanted to know what was in the birthday box. Well, many fun things and I am sure I will blog about a few of them as they come up. The big gift that was at the bottom of the box was an envelope.

Kevin arranged for us a night at a bed and breakfast on the Oregon Coast. We went to a place called the Channel House at Depoe Bay. It was lovely.



We drove down to Portland a couple nights before and enjoyed some time with my sister and dad. Then we left on Friday during the twins nap. We stopped at Lincoln City and walked the beach, went into the shops and ate some lunch at Mo's.



The Channel House was amazing, and very serene. It sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean. The waves crashed against the rocks all night long. It was extremely peaceful. We stayed in the Admirals Suite which is located on the top floor and had a jacuzzi on our deck.



It was so relaxing to have the night off from being mommy and get to spend some time alone together. I highly recommend it.



Thanks to Auntie Mel and Grandpa for taking such good care of my little ones.



Thank you to my sweetheart for a wonderful weekend. I hope we can go back sometime.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

What a PERFECT getaway! I'm glad you guys were able to spend some alone time with each other, and what a fun way to do it! I'm sure those two little ones were so excited to see you when you got back!

Sarah said...

That looks fantastic! Riley and I are already planning a get-away. Too bad it can't happen for another year :)

Anika and Sean said...

I love Lincoln city. We used to always take a trip there with my family around March or April. It's so scenic there.

I glad you got to have a fun get-away. It's nice to feel like just a wife sometimes instead of the constant overload of being Mommy. (Although being Mommy is wonderful too.)