Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Zac at one month



How can it be? One month old already! It has gone even faster than I could imagine, I knew it would. It was quite the first month for my little guy.

He had his one month check this morning and did very well. He was alert and didn't seem to mind the doctor poking around. However, he didn't like the PKU blood draw. It always makes me sad when they have to squeeze his foot.

Weight 8 lbs. 3 oz.
Still seems little, but remember he started at 5.14 so this is a HUGE weight gain for one month. He is a great eater.

Length 21 inches
He is my long and lean baby, similar to how I was. Not to mention he has my hands and feet. Kev keeps saying he is my little boy.

Our little Z has spent the month catching some z's as Kevin likes to say and eating of course. He likes to eat at least every 3 hours and usually cluster feeds right before bed. And of course he wakes me up throughout the night to eat as well. He doesn't seem to mind his baths, but likes to be clothed otherwise. He doesn't care to take the pacifier yet, but didn't seem to mind the bottle when Kev fed it to him.
Ty and Gracie adore him and continually say "baby Zac". Ty likes to take off his socks and touch his face. And Gracie is mommy's helper. Zac seems to like them as well.

We love Zac so much and are so happy to have him in our family. We feel so blessed. It has been a roller coaster of a month, but really are so grateful.

3 comments:

Ju said...

Really a month already??!! Wow, he is just adorable. Seems like you are adjusting well to the new little one in the house, hope you are getting some good naps in :o). I bet Ty and Gracie just adore him!

Whitney said...

He's so adorable, and I LOVE the new picture of your 3 little munchkins! Looking at Zac's picture makes me even more excited for our little boy to come :) I hope all is going well for you guys! Miss you!

Jandi said...

He's so precious Steph!! And I love the new header pic! Your kiddos are so sweet! That's so good that the twins like Zac. I so wish we lived closer. I need to hug your babes!! And YOU! :)Miss and love you!