We had a scheduled C-section for February 10th. I was hoping to maybe get the chance to do a v-bac but that was only if I went into labor before the 10th. As of my last Drs. appt I wasn't dialated at all and it didn't look like I would go into labor. I was settling into the 10th being our day. However, as always life doesn't always happen as planned. Last Friday I started leaking amniotic fluid and wasn't sure at the time if that is really what it was. Therefore we took our time going into the hospital to get checked. One, my doctor was still out of town and two I just wasn't quite ready in case it really meant having the baby. We waited until Saturday morning and I was still leaking so we decided to go in. We dropped the twins off at our friends and were on our way. They checked me and sure enough I had a rupture in my water. Our little guy was coming out! I wasn't in labor so I had to have a C-section. They prepped me and got me back to the OR and very shortly our baby was born.
This is my 38 week picture.
Introducing our newest little bundle of joy:
Zac Christopher Jenkins
Born: February 5th at 1:28 pm via C-section
Weighed 5 lbs. 14 oz.
Length: 19 inches 
I couldn't believe how small he was! I was expecting him to be closer to 7 pounds. Ty was much bigger than him and he was a twin and three weeks early! 
He looked great though, had great color and sounded good. We were so happy to have a healthy little boy!
Proud Papa!
We had to get his temperature up before he could take a bath. So he took his bath at 1 in the morning. He kept sliding down on the nurse.
Auntie came to visit right after he was born. We're so glad she came and saw Zac and helped me at the hospital.
Our first night home from the hospital he did so well! I hope he continues to be such an easygoing baby. 
He is quite the alert little guy.
Oh we just love him so much! 
Welcome to our family Zac! Thanks for making us a party of five!
Friday, February 11, 2011
And then we became a party of Five!
Posted by Stephanie at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










11 comments:
Oh steph he is so precious. Congrats you guys. Hope recovery goes quickly.
Congrats a million times over. He is darling. Your family is beautiful.
Oh, I'm in love! Congratulaions, he's adorable! Good luck, I hope he keeps being a good boy!
Thanks for posting pictures of your little sweetheart! We can't wait to meet him. He is so cute! Congratulations!
He is so sweet, Steph! Congratulations! We are so happy for all of you! I wish I could be there to hold and kiss your sweet baby boy!
He's so adorable!! Get all the sleep you can beautiful mama!! Congrats!!!!
Congratulations Steph and Kevin. I am glad that everything went well and he is healthy. I hope you are doing well too Steph and having an awesome recovery:0)
Love to you both,
Bec & Brad
awwwe....so sweet! Congrats to you all!
Oh I have been waiting for this post:) Love all the pictures, he is so adorable and we are so happy for you guys!! Congratulations!! Hope we can meet him soon:)
Congratulations sweet mommy! He is so precious. Best wishes in a speedy and hopefully restful-at-times recovery. Looking forward to more pictures.
Steph! He's perfect! I can't believe what a little guy he was, I'm sure he's put on weight by now-he'll probably end up bigger than Ty, seems like that's how things go.. :) but your tummy looked so teeny, Steph. Wasn't it lovely to carry one baby this time? I can only imagine the difference. however, I feel like I'm carrying a party of five and she's all by herself in there (or so I've been told-not sure I believe it). Well congrats to you all, you have a big family now! :)
Post a Comment