Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Great Day

I am coming to terms with the fact that age is simply just a number. As much as I would like that number to be 25 it is now 27. I am okay with that because I don't feel any older. However, when that number is 30 I may not feel this way. Anyway, I had a wonderful birthday. Kevin took the day off and we headed up north past Seattle to the tulip festival. It was beautiful!

There are fields and fields of beautiful tulips. We stopped at these fields real quick to get a picture.




I kept thinking about the planning that must go into planting the tulip bulbs in different color arrangements. I was impressed with how well the colors looked next to each other.


The coral pink color was stunning.


We went to Tulip Town and took Ty and Gracie on a trolley ride to see the fields.


They had an indoor portion with tulip bouquets displayed with their names. I loved this one.


On our way home we stopped at the great outlet malls and did a little shopping. Then we ate at PF Changs in Seattle which was delicious. When we got home I blew out my candles on my banana ice cream cake. Mmmmm yum!


It was a wonderful birthday and Kevin spoiled me with this huge gift full of lots of fun surprises. He is the best, most thoughtful, creative person.


So, my first day of being 27 was pretty great!

8 comments:

Ju said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! The tulip festivals are amazing! And 27 isn't so bad... I'm still adjustin to 28 but I think I'll be able to cope ok. But I agree I don't think 30 will be sub an easy number to adjust to. Oy. It seems too soon. Happy birthday steph!

The Searle Family said...

What a fun day:) So fun that Kevin took the day off, those tulips are beautiful! We wish we were still there to spend the day with you too and eat that yummy looking dessert. I want to know what was in the prize box!:) Happy Birthday, we sure do miss you guys.
P.S. I still need your number!!!

Whitney said...

What a great birthday!! I LOVE the Tulip Festival, and am soo sad we're no longer there to enjoy it! Beautiful pictures. Kev is so creative! What was in the box?! Happy Birthday!

4evermemories said...

I, like the others, would also like to know what was in the "surprise box"....the suspense is killing me! Ha ha...was it Kevin? jk...I love banana, too...mmmm. Love the pictures....they are gorgeous! it just makes you love spring! My tulips are just starting to bloom. I'm all for spring!

4evermemories said...

P.S. Happy Birthday! You will be young forever! If you start feeling old...just look at me and at Dennis, we will help you feel younger...ha ha

Jeremy and Immer said...

What a fantastic birthday day. Happy birthday beutiful girl.
PS. you don't look 27 :o)

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a blast on your birthday! It's weird getting older, huh? Forget the 25 I still feel around 21ish

Annie said...

Steph, I am going to FREAK OUT when I turn 30. Oh my gosh it will be a sad day in my life. But, it's true, I don't feel any different. Your birthday looked wonderful. And yes, you have one of the most thoughtful husbands ever. He is sooo good at special occasions.