Sunday, December 21, 2008

Washington Winter Wonderland





It has been quite the week for Washington...I am not sure they have known exactly how to handle all this winter weather. It all started last weekend when it started getting real cold and then we woke up to snow Sunday morning. There wasn't alot of snow but enough to cancel church. Then we had a two hour late start for school on Monday due to some icy conditions. It wasn't too bad though. It didn't stop Kevin and I from celebrating his birthday.
Yep, he turned 28 on December 15th, he likes to think of himself as a sweet Christmas baby. His mom tells the story of him coming home in a Christmas sock. It is rather cute. But he had a great birthday. At work they sang to him and ate cake. Then we went to one of his favorite restaurants, PF Changs and thanks to my sister ate very well. It was an excellent evening and our friend Josh was able to join us. Happy 28th Birthday Kev! I love you!
On Tuesday we had another two hour late start at school and then it was that night that the snow rolled in. We got snow for the next two days which led to no school for the rest of the week! Gotta love snow days! Friday it was rather calm, but the snow came once again on Saturday. Which leads me to today when the snow just continued to fall, so no church yet again.
It is beautiful and since we are staying here for Christmas, it mine as well be white! But good luck to all the travelers out there....be safe.

4 comments:

Ju said...

Happy birthday to Kevin! And I'm glad you guys are enjoying the snow. And yes, it totally reminds me of living in Rexburg... I tried to convince my "roommates" to play truth or dare... they just weren't up for it. Ha.

Shumway's said...

Oh, I wish we could come play in the snow with you guys!!!! Gotta love those snow days. I wish there was such a thing here but nope, come hell or high snow drifts, life just goes on. I just stay in because I suck at driving in the snow and I dont want to kill anyone!!! Have a great Christmas season and we love you guys. Give us a call before the new year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you both(and Happy Birthday Kevin)! Good idea to stay in WA this year, there's just too much snow here -- the kids don't like to play in it because they said it's too deep! : ) Miss you!

Melia said...

Isn't the snow fun. Hope you guys had a merry Christmas. Thank you for the card.