Monday, October 27, 2008

Exciting moments...


So, I know what you are all thinking...she claims to love blogging and then I don't post anything for a month. Well thats what happens when your computer decides to go berserk! We still have yet to fix it, but luckily I may be able to post using Kevin's work computer.


Exciting moment number one was one I would like to forget...lets just say late night trip to the ER that didn't end until 3 in the morning. What is with ER's that make you wait forever! Yes, we had a bit of scare with some bleeding in my 13th week, which really makes me sad because 13 is my favorite number. But anyway, after 5 hours in the cold ER it was discovered that I had a small blood bubble below one of my placentas. We felt so blessed to be leaving the ER with both our babies still moving around and appearing to be fine. Nonetheless, very scary and my doctor put me on bed rest for the next week. This was not fun as I really didn't want to use my sick days so early. Oh well. I rested, I slept, I laid on the couch, Kevin took such good care of me.


Exciting moment number two was when a week later we went in for an ultrasound to check my blood bubble and the babies growth. They were so cute, kicking, flipping, high-fiving, drinking, yawning. It was the neatest thing. We felt so happy. Baby A measured in at 15 weeks 5 days and baby B measured in at 14 weeks 6 days. Yea both are growing!


Exciting moment number three was when the tech said she knew the sex of baby A! We were shocked as it was so early to tell. She made us guess and then at that moment baby A did a flip and it was crystal clear that he is definately a boy! Yea! We are thrilled. Baby b was a little shy and did not want to be bothered with that stuff:) So we have a boy and a mystery baby at the moment. Any guesses?


Exciting moment number four was the sunday I was laying on the couch and felt flutters! It has been the coolest feeling. They are only every once in awhile but I look forward to feeling them really kick in the next couple months.


Exciting moment number five is that I have been able to eat alot more in the last couple weeks. I still don't have strong desires for anything, but I love being able to eat more than rice and hot cereal. The nasuea still comes every once in awhile but mostly at night when I am real tired.


Overall, we feel greatly blessed this month and continue to pray that our babies grow and develop as they should. The blood bubble is so small the doctor is not worried about it. But I just pray that it just goes away.

13 comments:

Ju said...

Steph it's so good to hear some updates. I'm sorry your had a ER scare. That is not fun at all. I too will pray that this mysterious blood bubble goes away. And so exciting to know that you are having a boy. I want to say that baby B is a girl... just because I think it would be so fun for you to have a boy AND a girl. But I'm sure either way will be just and exciting and just as fun :o) I'm so happy to hear everything is going well and that both babies are happily growing. And I'm also glad to hear that you are able to eat more!! That is always a helpful thing :o) Isn't feeling the baby(ies) the best??? I miss that.

Oh... and get your computer fixed... I need more blogging from you :o)

Janice said...

Steph: I am so glad to see your updates. I have been worried about you and included you in my prayers for the last several days when nothing was coming through. Glad to hear all is going well. contrats on baby boy and mystery baby. Keep up on your rest and relaxation. You will definitely need it in months to come. As for the eating. Eat all that you can and enjoy. I look forward to all the upcoming news. Love You, Janice

Sheramie and Jessica said...

Steph, Thank you for the updates. I am glad things are going better for you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers often. It would be so fun to have a girl along with that boy, but the best is just to know they are healthy, happy, and growing!
Hope to hear from you soon.
Love--Jess

Whitney said...

Thanks for the update! I can't imagine how scary that trip to the ER must have been. I'm glad everything ended up being okay. You and your babies are in my prayers. And how exciting that you're having a BOY?!! SOO FUN! I think either a boy or girl for baby B would be great. CONGRATS again and again! And I LOVE your picture! you look soo good! Get lots of rest. I'll be thinking about you...

Jandi said...

Steph! You look so darn cute! I love it! Your pic just brightened my day! I'm so glad that everything was okay with the blood bubble, but I will continue to pray for it to go away. Let's see, I think it would so fun for you to have a boy and a girl, but I can totally see you guys having two boys, but that is not my official guess. I need time to think about it. :) I'm so excited that my little boy will have a friend and a future wife wouldn't hurt either! And I love that you are feeling your little ones now! It's so special. I was just thinking yesterday how I will be a little sad when I can't feel mine inside me anymore. It's just so special! Okay, I will stop writing now. I just want to see you in person! :)

Sarah said...

Wow, what a ride you guys are on - I'm glad it's a happy one! That must have been pretty scary there for a bit though. I'm glad that you have such an awesome husband to take care of you (and those babies)! How happy that you can feel your babies already, that's one of the best things, by far, of pregnancy. I think that baby B is going to be a boy b/c think how cute those two rascals would be running around together...although every daddy needs a little girl. We love you are are praying for you!

Scot and Jenny said...

Hi Stephanie! I don't know if you will remember me and Scot from the ward at Royal Crest but I saw your blog through Jill's and I just had to say hi and tell you congratulations on your babies! How exciting! I hope things get better for you health wise! You can check us out at www.scotandjenny.blogspot.com

Scot and Jenny MacCabe

The Hegsted Family said...

Steph, Wow! What an adventure you two are having. Oh my goodness! I'm so glad that everything's okay with your babies. That must have so scary to go to the ER. I love the picture of you and hope that you'll post more in the future. Also, Congratulations! YEA! A BOY! and the cool thing is, there is more surprise to come as well. If you go on bed rest or anything in the future, please let me know so that I can bring some food or whatever you guys need.

Lefty said...

Thanks for posting an update. I've been asking Geoff lately but your update is much better than that.

I'm glad you are enjoying the pregnancy, even with scare and all.

One thing I'm not sure of...how is it that your little body is going to carry twins! Holy Moly! Isn't it a miracle? I know pregnancy is part of life and routine--but a miracle.

Bryan and Elisha said...

You look so cute Steph! That's so fun that you've started feeling the babies move! Bryan and I both think you'll be having two boys. Love you guys!

Mike and Jackie said...

Staph,

I am so excited for you! I found your blog on Sara's and was so excited to hear about your twins! Being a mom is the best!

Robison's said...

That's so exciting that all is going good with your pregnancy and babies. We wish you both the best.

Kylene said...

We are so excited for you! Yay for a little boy. (Rod is a bit jealous) Keep us posted on twin #2. Your little belly is adorable. I always knew you would be one of those beautiful mom's that look amazing! Good Luck with everything.